COVID-19 Update – May 2021
In line with the Scottish Government’s latest COVID-19 guidelines, we are delighted to confirm SLM Cycle Transport have now resumed operations transporting groups of cyclists who have been or are travelling together as one extended household. We are open for enquiries and taking bookings for 2021.
As part of the resumption of operations in May 2021 we have considered what we need to put in place in order to keep our clients and ourselves safe. Our approach is as follows:
- Our bookings are always exclusive to one group which means the minibus will not be shared with any cyclists or passengers outside that group or extended household other than SLM Cycle Transport employees. We will maintain necessary social distancing when picking up or dropping off clients. We also ask that payments are made electronically.
- To separate off the SLM Cycle Transport employees from the rest of the minibus we have installed a soft temporary clear PVC screen between the driver’s area and the passenger area in rows 2 and 3. Note that as a result, we will restrict the maximum number of passengers we can carry to 6 instead of 7.
- We will clean down the inside of the minibus between bookings with appropriate cleaning materials. We will provide hand sanitising liquid within the minibus and we will use hand sanitising liquid before and after we load the bikes.
- Current guidelines require that clients use a face covering in the minibus. We are happy to provide a disposable face mask for each person’s use if required. Clients are also asked not to travel if suffering from any COVID-19 symptoms and they should, instead, seek guidance from the NHS.
- Although our T&Cs stipulate 2 weeks’ notice for any cancellations and the return of any deposit, we accept these continue to be unprecedented times therefore we will do our best to be flexible if clients require to cancel at short notice.
The photo above shows the temporary soft clear PVC screen we have installed. We appreciate your patience and understanding at this time however please get in touch if you have any questions – in the meantime, please stay safe and well.