COVID-19 Update – Updated 13th July 2020
In March 2020 we suspended our transport operations due to COVID-19. As we enter Phase 3 of the Scottish Government’s COVID-19 Routemap, we now expect to resume transport operations in late July. Hygiene measures and physical distancing from other household groups are still in force in Phase 3. Physical distancing between passengers will not be possible within the minibus therefore we will only be able to meet and transport groups of cyclists who have been or are travelling together as one extended household.
As we resume transport operations, we have considered what we need to put in place in order to keep our clients and ourselves safe. Our approach is as follows:
- Firstly, our bookings are always exclusive to one group which means the minibus will not be shared with any cyclists or passengers outside that group or extended household other than SLM Cycle Transport employees. However, we will maintain the necessary social distancing between our clients and ourselves when picking up or dropping off clients and payments will be made electronically.
- Secondly, to separate off the SLM Cycle Transport employees from the rest of the minibus we have installed a soft temporary clear PVC screen between the driver’s area and the passenger area in rows 2 and 3. Note that as a result, we will restrict the maximum number of passengers we can carry to 6 instead of 7.
- Thirdly, we will clean down the inside of the minibus between bookings with appropriate cleaning materials. We will provide hand sanitising liquid, cleaning spray and paper towels within the minibus and we will use hand sanitising liquid before and after we load the bikes.
- Fourthly, although they will be travelling together as an extended household group in the minibus, clients are also welcome to consider using face coverings and we are happy to provide a disposable face mask for each person to use if required.
- Finally, although our T&Cs stipulate 2 weeks’ notice for any cancellations and the return of any deposit, we accept these are unprecedented times therefore we will do our best to be flexible if clients require to cancel at short notice.
The picture below shows the temporary soft clear PVC screen we have installed.
We appreciate your patience and understanding at this time. We will provide further updates as and when further information is available. Please get in touch if you have any questions but, in the meantime, please stay safe and well.